Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Morning Face - Removing the mask

Morning Face



So this is pretty much the unvarnished me after a shower. The shower always makes my hair curl. most mornings it looks something like this.
 Though truth be told I probably looks more like this in the morning


basically the reason I'm posting this is based on a qoute from adonis ephemeral 

 "But I often feel, and they probably also feel, that every body else looks great.  Impossibly great.  I see pictures in magazines and on Pinterest, and I think, "That girl probably woke up looking that pretty.  She probably looks pretty without even trying.  Everyone else in this world is gorgeous except me."  Because I can see all my flaws.  I live with them.  I don't see the flaws hidden behind the photographs.  And while I know my views are wrong, I still have only those snapshots of pretty people to go off of, and it can be discouraging."
 And I empathized, because I struggle with things too.

Seeing everybody's pretty life on Facebook. Looking at my frizzy hair and trying to be thankful. (I did want curly hair....) Trying to remember I am a child of God. His Princess. Extremely valuable to him, because of the high price he paid for me. Cherished. Beloved. Wanted. Valued. A new creature.  Because I can look at everybody's beautiful face or everybody's life that seems to be going all together and feel like "Well what went wrong with me? Where did I miss the boat"

I start comparing then I start wanting to be them, and then it sets me up for a whole vicious circle of emotions.  God bless my friends for calling out the good, "the gold" (as one article I read recently said) in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment